Why don’t dogs get to see the world too?
This dog is literally smiling.
Oh my god
1) A boy telling you you’re pretty won’t make you see the beauty in the fullness of your cheeks, in redness of your lips at 2 in the morning when tequila is making the bar bathroom spin. He can’t take away the ugliness that you see in yourself, you have to do that.
2) You have to be ready to hear someone say they love you. You have to be ready, and you have to be willing, and you have to listen. Because sometimes, they won’t say those three words, they’ll put a blanket over you while you’re watching a movie, they’ll kiss your cheek when they think you’re asleep, they’ll smile when they see you first thing in the morning. But you, you have to be willing to see it, feel it, let it in. Letting someone love you takes practice.
3) Don’t make compromises you can’t live with. Compromise is a different version of what you want, not a whole other Universe.
4) Learn to say no. No - to a movie you don’t want to watch; no - to sex you don’t want to have, no- to a relationship that’s driving you mad. Say no - to things that hurt you, to people that extinguish your fire, to jobs you hate and places that are desolate. There are bad things that we can’t control, bad things that happen and we are sucked into and have to feel with every fibre of our being, but the rest - learn to distance yourself, learn to say no.
5) Don’t expect people to walk through fire for you - not your parents, not your friends, not the person you’re in love with. Love doesn’t mean sacrifice, love shouldn’t mean sacrifice. Don’t expect someone to give away pieces of them, so they could fit you better. And don’t feel hurt when they refuse to - it’s self-preservation. Instead - learn from them. Do it as well.
6) Don’t tether yourself to people. Learn to make connections, to love, with both your feet steady on the ground. Learn to let people pass through your life; like a summer breeze, not a storm that’s just been unleashed.
7) Learn the difference between growth and growing up before it’s too late. Rooftops and water fights and ice cream for breakfast can be a part of your life at 10, 25, or 35. But by the time you’re 35 you need to learn to say enough, to be able to walk away, you need to be able to love yourself. Love yourself the way you loved yourself at 10, before the world had a chance to fill your head with ugliness.
Boy: *hands me diamond ring* will you marry me
Me: *puts diamond ring on* na
GIRLS ACTUALLY DO THIS
WHEN WE GET REALLY HAPPY LIKE THAT
AND CANT STAY STILL
AND GET A LIL BIT EMBARRASSED ABT IT
BOYS DO IT TOO
I CAN CONFIRM
boy here confirming
U go gurl.
when my dad was in college he had a friend who told a girl he’d take her on a date unlike any other she’d ever been on and so he took her to the supermarket to watch the lobsters fighting in the lobster tank
they’re married now
Request (meganbandstramakeemdance.tumblr.com): "A mix of your favorite songs?" I got carried away, but these are my favorite songs that I could think of off the top of my head. Enjoy!
01. Gold - Sir Sly // 02. MakeDamnSure - Taking Back Sunday // 03. Shut It Down - Drake // 04. September - Earth, Wind & Fire // 05. Hum Hallelujah - Fall Out Boy // 06. Shiver Shiver - Walk The Moon // 07. Soldier - Gavin DeGraw // 08. Wonderful - Everclear // 09. Clairvoyant - The Story So Far // 10. A Daydream Away - All Time Low // 11. Hallucinations - Angels & Airwaves // 12. Alone - Sleeping With Sirens // 13. Endlessly - Green River Ordinance // 14. F**ked Up Kids - The Maine // 15. Supersoaker - Kings Of Leon // 16. Jesus Of Suburbia - Green Day // 17. Stay With Me - Sam Smith // 18. Beast Of Burden - The Rolling Stones // 19. Vegas Skies - The Cab // 20. Should’ve Kissed You - Chris Brown // 21. Girls - The 1975 // 22. Keeper - Yellowcard // 23. Stolen - Dashboard Confessional // 24. Arlandria - Foo Fighters // 25. Walking Disasters - The Wombats // 26. Love Your Friends, Die Laughing - Man Overboard // 27. Bloom - The Paper Kites // 28. Heartbeat - Childish Gambino // 29. I Want Crazy - Hunter Hayes // 30. Up All Night - Alex Clare // 31. Summer Town - Third Eye Blind // 32. Knee Socks - Arctic Monkeys // 33. Come As You Are - Nirvana // 34. Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran // 35. Afraid - The Neighbourhood // 36. Alcohol - The Holloways // 37. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane // 38. Teenagers - My Chemical Romance // 39. Steady, As She Goes - The Raconteurs // 40. Don’t Stop (Color On The Walls) - Foster The People // 41. Little Locket - Brighten // 42. Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus // 43. Oh Well, Oh Well - Mayday Parade // 44. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap // 45. Set The Record Straight - Reef // 46. If Only They Knew - A Rocket To The Moon // 47. Something I Need - OneRepublic // 48. Young New England - Transit // 49. Oblivion - Bastille // 50. If It Means A Lot To You - A Day To Remember // 51. Harlem - New Politics // 52. Boom Clap - Charli XCX // 53. Everything Is Alright - Motion City Soundtrack // 54. Favorite Girl - The Icarus Account // 55. Nicotine - Panic! At The Disco // 56. High For This - The Weeknd // 57. I Wanna Get Better - Bleachers // 58. Racing Blood - There For Tomorrow // 59. Sail - AWOLNATION // 60. Ride - SoMo // 61. Holding On To You - Twenty One Pilots // 62. All I Want - Kodaline // 63. Echo - Trevor Moran // 64. Like A Stone - Audioslave // 65. Bait - Wale // 66. Rope - Balance And Composure // 67. XO - John Mayer // 68. The Taste Of Ink - The Used // 69. She Looks So Perfect - 5 Seconds Of Summer // 70. I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral - The Wonder Years // 71. Heaven - Los Lonely Boys // 72. Aminals - Baths // 73. Unbelievers - Vampire Weekend // 74. Coared - Cheetahs // 75. Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding // 76. You Always Make Me Smile - Kyle Andrews // 77. Trampoline - The Unlikely Candidates // 78. Basket Case - Green Day // 79. Only Love - Ben Howard // 80. Lions In Cages - Wolf Gang // 81. Somebody Loves You - Betty Who // 82. Latch - Disclosure // 83. Bubbles - Biffy Clyro // 84. Love Is Blindness - Jack White // 85. I Miss You - Blink 182
this bitch doesn’t even have all her adult teeth